These Terms and Conditions were last updated on August 20, 2003.
BY USING THIS SITE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY.
2. Access to The Report and all content in The Report are provided "as is, where is" and without any representations or warranties whatsoever. All warranties, either express or implied by operation of law or otherwise, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and against interference or infringement are waived. You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any information or materials found herein shall be at your sole risk.
3. The Report strives to provide accurate, timely, and authoritative information in all its publications and through this site. The Report, and third party content providers, cannot, however, warranty the content of the articles, nor can it be responsible for inaccurate statements. The Report reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to correct any error or omissions in any portion of this Web site or any Report service, database, materials or system.
4. This information provided herein is for information only. Please obtain appropriate professional assistance should you need expert advice or the individual analysis of a particular matter. Information appearing on this site does not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Report.
5. The Report does not warrant or represent to warrant that any of the programs or other information, services, or materials offered or provided to you by The Report, accessible in or through this Web site or obtained by your use of the programs or other information, services or materials are complete, accurate, sufficient or will meet your specific objectives or requirements. You assume the responsibility to independently verify the information and data obtained by the use of the programs or by or through this or any other Web site or otherwise by The Report, and to take adequate precautions against damage to your business, operations and systems which could be caused by the programs or their use, as well as any other information, services or materials. The Report does not warrant or represent the confidentiality of any of your data inputs or results.
6. Neither RSL nor its directors, officers, employees, agents or licensors shall in any event be liable to you or to any third party for any lost profits, revenues, business opportunities or business advantages whatsoever, nor for any special, consequential, direct, indirect or incidental losses, damages or expenses directly or indirectly relating to the programs, the information, services or materials provided to you by The Report, accessible in or through this Web site or obtained by your use of the programs or other information, services or materials from The Report whatsoever, whether such claim is based upon breach of contract, breach of warranty, negligence, strict liability in tort or any other theory of relief or whether or not RSL is informed in advance of the possibility of such damages.
7. Except as otherwise identified, the trademarks, including names, logos, slogans and service marks appearing at the Web site, whether registered or unregistered, are the property of RSL or of third parties and are used by The Report with permission. Such marks are not to be used, copied, reproduced, published, or in any other way used without the written permission of RSL or the identified owner of the mark. Except as otherwise identified, the copyright in the content and presentation of the Web site is owned by the RSL. No part of this Web site may be copied or reproduced or distributed for commercial purposes without the express written permission of RSL or the identified owner of the information and content. You may occasionally distribute a copy of an article or a portion of an article from nyreport.com without charge, provided that you include all copyright and other proprietary rights notices in the same form in which the notices appear on this Web site. In addition, you may use our "Email A Friend" feature to email an article from nyreport.com to a few individuals without charge. You are not permitted to use this service for the purpose of regularly providing other users with access to content from nyreport.com.
8. No person may establish hyperlinks either to this Web site or away from this Web site without the prior written consent of an appropriate RSL officer, which consent may be given or withheld in RSL's sole discretion. Hyperlinks to pages other than the home page shall not be made without the express authorization of RSL.
9. You assume the responsibility to take adequate precautions against damages to your systems or operations which could be caused by defects or deficiencies in this Web site, any The Report product, service, information, database, material or system, or part thereof. You also acknowledge that electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins and that while The Report implements reasonable security precautions to attempt to prevent such occurrences, it cannot and does not guarantee that such events will not take place.
10. These Terms & Conditions contain the final and entire agreement between The New York Enterprise Report and all users of nyreport.com and supersedes all previous verbal or written agreements regarding use of nyreport.com. These Terms & Conditions, as well as any and all claims arising from use of nyreport.com will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York applicable to contracts made entirely within New York and wholly performed in New York, without regard to any conflict or choice of law principles.