This policy was last updated on February 26, 2004.
Information We Collect
General: When you register, and at other times, we will collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, age, address, e-mail address, and facts about your business and similar information. We do not, however, knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
Surveys: We may conduct occasional online surveys. For example, when you're within our Web site, you may see a pop-up window offering you the optional opportunity of participating in a survey. These surveys are entirely voluntary and you may easily decline to participate.
Web Site Usage Information: We automatically collect IP addresses and Web site usage information from you when you visit our Web site. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and subscribers use and navigate our Web sites on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors and subscribers to each Web page, and the length of their visits.
How We Use Information Collected
We may use information in the following ways:
- To send you e-mail or other notifications about content and other information that you requested.
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information including, for example, to enable us to process, validate and verify subscriptions.
- To send you e-mail notifications about our new or existing products and services, special offers, or to otherwise contact you.
- To enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services.
- To provide our advertisers and other third parties with aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- If you are subscribing to The New York Enterprise Report print magazine, we may share your name and physical mailing address with selected partner companies who offer products and services. (We will NOT share your email address). If you do not want your name or physical mailing address shared with our partners, please send an email to email@example.com that indicates that you do not want your name or physical mailing address shared with partners.
We may combine the information that we collect from you on this Web site with information that you provide to us in connection with your use of our other products.
We may use third parties, called third-party ad servers or ad networks, to deliver ads to you on our behalf. We may also use third-party service providers to contact you on our behalf, or facilitate some aspects of our Web site services, or fulfill your purchase requests. These third-party ad servers and service providers may be supplied with or have access to your personally identifiable information solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf.
These third-party ad servers may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to this and other web sites in order to present advertisements that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice or to opt out of having this information used by third-party ad servers to provide targeted ads, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
Your Ability to Choose
When you subscribe to nyreport.com, you can let us know that you do not wish to receive information about new features and special offers by opting out by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We employ cookie technology to help visitors and subscribers move faster through our site. When you sign on to our Web site or take advantage of several key features, we may pass cookies to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a Web site and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer's memory.
When you view an ad for nyreport.com on other sites, a third party advertising company may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. nyreport.com and its advertising company may also use Web beacons (invisible images often referred to as pixel tags or clear GIFs) to note which nyreport.com pages you visit after viewing our ads. The information that is collected through the use of these images is not personally identifiable and is used only to track response to our advertising efforts.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
Transfer to U.S.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By subscribing to Nyreport.com, you consent to this transfer.
Comments and Questions